Thursday, November 5, 2009

Home Sick

Sofi is home sick, again. She asked to watch TV, so I turned on PBS. The last few minutes of Sesame Street were on, so she watched that, but after a few announcements from sponsors it changed to a show about southern Gulf states; not exactly kid-fare like Word Girl or CyberChase.

Listening to the show in the background I was thinking it sounded pretty dry, and was about to get up and show some sympathy and put in a DVD when I heard "Wow! Mississippi is a BIG state!" and looked up to find Sofi engrossed. So I let it go, went outside to rake, and let Sofi continue to soak up the trivia being dispensed about our Gulf states.

While raking outside Sofi came out later to tell me what she wanted to do for her birthday. Knowing PBS, I quickly figured this was leading to another birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, since they are a frequent sponsor of kids programming on PBS (talk about hitching a rotten wagon to an excellent horse; utter marketing genius). But instead she surprised me: "For my birthday... can we go to a museum... with a mastodon?"

Thank you, PBS. My check's in the mail.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home