Saturday, February 2, 2008

Grandma's Beautiful Swimsuit

Mary had wanted me [Diane] to document some of the conversations I have had with Sofia. Here is another one...

The first weekend of February we decided to use a RCI bonus week and chose to go to Christmas Mountain in Wisconsin Dells. We arrived early afternoon on Saturday and decided to do a little swimming at the Village pool. Mary, Sofi and I went directly to the locker room to change into our swimsuits. Sofi’s response on seeing my suit was as if she had just laid eyes on the most beautiful garment ever! It is a bright pink suit with a floral pattern in deeper colors of pink and maroon with a bit of white. A metallic gold stroke was used to outline the floral edges.

Sofi proclaimed with much drama as she ran her fingers along the gold outlined floral pattern: “Grandma, that is so beautiful. I just love that, Grandma. You know, I could paint that. You could come to my house and wear your swimsuit and stand there, and then I could paint that.”

And I admire a four year old little girl who loves to paint, who can see the beauty in the swimsuit designer’s creativity, who just absolutely knows she too can paint that thing of beauty – and of course knows that her Grandma would make a perfect model!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home