Monday, November 26, 2007

Bed Time Song

Tonight is a Monday, and that means that Mary is at show choir rehearsal. So I tucked both kids into bed tonight. As part of her bed time routine we always read Sofi a book, and this week she is favoring a library book called Dirk Bones. But after I was done reading it she pulls out this Christmas greeting card that she tucked away under her covers, and she opens it up, and inside she has colored all over it with color crayons. And she begins pointing at various colors on the card and informs me that each one is a song that we could sing. "Here's a Kitchen Song... here's a Bedtime Song..." Eventually after she gets done naming them all (there was quite a few, and unfortunately I can only remember the above two) she starts to teach me one of them. I can only assume it was the Bedtime Song, and it went like this...

Bed time
Bed time
Oh won't you work for me
Let's sing a song
Let's sing a song
And then we'll go to the museum

We snore
We snore
Dad snores all the time
And Mom
And Mom
She snores day and night


There were actually four verses total, but I was so amazed that she was actually singing her own song (and making it up as she went as far as I can tell), and somewhat shocked by the snoring accusation, that the other two didn't really sink in.

They all had the same pattern of repeating the first and the fourth lines. It was a joy to hear, despite the accusation.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home