Monday, November 3, 2008

Vote!

As we were on our way to church this past Sunday I saw our political propoganda in our lawn and front window and announced to everyone else in the car that it was "just two more days!" and that I was getting excited to see the outcome. I then asked Sofi if she would like to go and vote with me on Tuesday, something I'd been thinking about doing simply because I want both kids to know from an early age that this is something everyone should do.

She responded "Yes" and then continued: "I'm going to vote for Hannah Montana!"

We had heard this before, and are a bit amazed by it, because we rarely ever watch the Disney Channel (I'm assuming that is the one she is on), and we have never watched Hannah Montana. I assume that she has learned about Ms. Montana on the bus (that's were every preschooler learns about the wider world, right?). Wondering what classmate might be the one who has political influence over my daughter I asked "Do you know anyone else who is voting for Hannah Montana?"

Sofi was quietly just pointing at herself, leaving us guessing, when suddenly another voice from the back seat piped up to answer my question: "I-ICK!"

It appears that Isaac, as well, plans to cast a write-in ballot. He does, after all, try to do whatever he sees his sister doing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home